Sunday, October 20, 2013

Anna’s eggplant appetizer

Anna’s eggplant appetizer
Anna’s eggplant appetizer 



This is one of my favorite appetizers, occasionally we like to have appetizer dinners, which is just appetizers for dinner -it’s an adult version of ice cream for dinner – and this eggplant appetizer is one of those yummy appetizers that always gets included, it is especially good in the summer when you can get the best quality eggplants and tomatoes.I learned how to make this eggplant appetizer from my friend Anna, back in the days when we lived in Austin and hung out with a very fun group of Russians, we met Anna, who is Polish, and her Russian husband Victor thanks to our Russian neighbors Vadim and Geanna; we all lived in the same apartment complex and had some great dinner parties – Russians definitely known how to party-, Anna would usually bring this appetizer to these dinners. Another interesting thing about Anna is that she has an identical twin sister and Victor has an identical twin brother, and they met at the house of another friend who is also a twin, what are the chances of that?
Back to the food, the combination of eggplant and tomato gets a very spicy contrast from the garlic parmesan mayonnaise sauce, which I really think that sauce is the key to making this appetizer so delicious. Even though I’ve made this eggplant and tomato appetizer so many times I still remember Anna’s as being so much better than mine, she always used dill as the garnish, I use it sometimes but it just depends what I have in the garden or fridge, this time I used thyme and oregano as garnishes.
Thank you Anna for this great appetizer!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...